Starting on Monday, March 24, the Veterans Service Center, which serves Wallingford and Meriden residents, has new office hours.
According to the announcement on Town of Wallingford website, the new hours are:
Monday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Thursday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The center's staff is able to:
- Provide information to all Wallingford and Meriden residents who are eligible for veterans
benefits and refer them to proper agencies, as needed.
- Assist veterans, widows, dependent parents, dependent children and orphans by
completing applications to obtain federal and state benefits.
- Federal benefits: Click here for additional federal information
- Applications for:
- burial allowance, headstones/foot markers
- compensation (service-connected disabilities)
- G.I. school, home loans and insurance
- obtain discharge documents, service records, awards/medals
- pension (non-service connected disability benefits
- V.A. hospital treatment
- admittance to the Veterans Home and Hospital located in Rocky Hill
- assistance through the State Soldiers', Sailors' and Marines' Fund
- burial in the State Veterans Cemetery in Middletown
- payment of cost to install federal grave-markers in private cemeteries
- the $600 educational assistance for children of servicemen killed in action or totally disabled
The office is located in Room 213 of Wallingford Town Hall, 45 S. Main St., Wallingford. The telephone is 203-294-2165.