Patch asked our Meriden readers to upload photos of their non-traditional pets- it could be anything from cockroaches to pythons to chinchillas and anything else beyond a traditional cat, dog or fish.
We had a great conversation on Meriden's Facebook page about non-traditional pets, but only a couple entries in our contest. There was a great photo of a cat sleeping on a bunny and an irresistable bull dog dressed as a cow (almost fooled us)!
Congratulations to our winner, Jennifer Vargas' son's hermit crab. I love the soccer ball hermie hut!
Here are some of our Facebook comments about the contest:
- Simone Bernier Micciche: I know someone who had a pet skunk I think they still do
- Lisa Schroer Suzio We had a hedgehog.
- Barietta 'Barristarr' Amber I have 6 chinchillas....
- Rachel Fortin I got a bearded dragon
- Paul Matthews My uncle has tarantulas, Madagascar cockroaches and all kinds of poisonous and non poisonous scorpions. He also has like 10 birds, fish, dogs, sales and a pet duck. Pretty cool stuff.
- Sherry Thomson Sullivan Lets see... we have 2 tree frogs, 2 hermit crabs, 2 fish tanks, 1 rabbit and of course our dog you posted yesterday !
- Laura Gray Does my hubby count??