With just a few short days left before your federal taxes are due, the IRS wants to remind taxpayers that they can find a wide variety of useful products and information from the comfort of their home through the IRS website as the April 17 tax filing deadline approaches.
- Taxpayers seeking last-minute help can access several self-help tools on the IRS website to make filing taxes easier. IRS.gov is "open" 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- 1040 Central is a comprehensive source for individual income tax information.
- Interactive Tax Assistant is a tax law resource that guides taxpayers through a series of questions and provides responses on credits, deductions and general filing questions.
- Our 2012 Filing Season Tax Tips provide a wealth of information and links to help taxpayers meet the deadline.
- Here are a few of the available tax tips covering some of the most common taxpayer questions.
- Not sure if you have to file a tax return? Your age, income, marital status all make a difference - See IRS Tax Tip 2012-02 – Do I Need to File a Tax Return This Year?
- Want to know more about filing electronically?
- Electronic filing is no longer the exception, it’s the norm - See IRS Tax Tip 2012-10 – IRS Offers Several Reasons to File Your Return Electronically.
- Want to file your return electronically for FREE? Free File on IRS.gov is always open - See IRS Tax Tip 2012-11 – Everyone is Eligible to Free File!
- Can’t pay or need an installment agreement? File on time and the IRS may be able to grant more time to pay - See IRS Tax Tip 2012-64 – Tips for Taxpayers Who Can’t Pay Their Taxes on Time.
- Need a form or publication? No need to call, download it from IRS.gov - See IRS Tax Tip 2012-04 – Four Ways to Get IRS Forms and Publications.
- Did you know the IRS uses social media to educate taxpayers? Let these social media tools from the IRS help you navigate last minute tax-time tasks – See IRS Tax Tip 2012-55 – IRS Social Media Tools Help at Tax Deadline.
What other information is available on the IRS website?
Need to know more? - See IRS Tax Tip 2012-05 – Top 10 Helpful Features on the IRS website.