- City Hall is closed Monday (as well as over the weekend), along with city departments like the Health Department and Senior Center, and each will reopen Tuesday at their regular times.
- The Library is closed Saturday through Monday and will re-open on Tuesday. But if you got an e-reader for Christmas and need help figuring out how to use it and download books before then, they've got a nice online primer HERE.
- The Meriden YMCA closes at noon on Saturday, Christmas Eve, and will be closed to patrons as well Sunday. It will reopen Monday with regular hours. The center will also be open specially from Sunday 11:45 - 2 p.m. solely for a Community Christmas Dinner.
- Westfield Shopping Center opens and closes early on Saturday, opening at 7 a.m. and closing at 6 p.m., and will remain closed Sunday. It will reopen bright and early at 7 a.m. Monday morning for the throngs of shoppers looking for after-Christmas sales and making returns.
- The city's two Stop and Shop and the Big Y stores all have the same hours this weekend. They will each be open Saturday from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., closed Sunday, and open again Monday at 7 a.m.
- Target is open until 9 p.m. Saturday, is closed on Sunday, and open from 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. on Monday.
- Hancock's Pharmacy (203-235-6323) at 840 East Main Street is open from 8 AM to 9 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
- Graeber's Pharmacy (203 235-4463) is open Saturday from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., closed Sunday, and open again from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Monday.
- CVS at 839 East Main St. (203-235-8285) is open its usual 24 hours throughout the weekend, but the pharmacy will be closed on Sunday. The store at 679 East Main St. (203-237-8997) is open from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturday and closed Sunday. The CVS store at 540 West Main St. (203-237-8984) is open from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Saturday, and from 7 am - 8 p.m. on Sunday, but the pharmacy is open 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturday and closed on Sunday.
- The Walgreens store at 425 West Main St (203-639-8166) is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, and 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Sunday, the pharmacy is closed on Sun. The store at 825 E. Main (203-238-0910) is open 7 a.m. - midnight on Saturday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Sunday, and the pharmacy is open Sat. but closed Sunday.
- If your doctor's office is closed and your needs aren't urgent enough for the ER, MediQuick (203-694-5350) will be open from 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. at 61 Pomeroy Ave. in Meriden on Saturday and Sunday.
Coffee! Coffee coffee coffee!
- Dunkin' Donuts stores throughout the city are open with normal hours Thursday.
- Starbucks at 500 S Broad St Meriden, will be open from 6 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, and closed on Sunday. But if you really need that Starbucks bean fix, shops in Southington and Branford will be open.
- Cafe Dolce will be closed as usual over the weekend, and also Monday. It will reopen on Tuesday.
- Package stores will have normal hours on Saturday, but will be closed by state law on Sunday and Monday.
Restaurants Open on Christmas
- Green Olive Diner, 477 South Broad Street, 203-379-0927. Hours 6am-8pm.
- Kings Garden, 1231 East Main Street, 203-630-2188. Hours noon-9 pm.
- Jade Garden, 517 West Main Street, 203-235-9123. Hours TBA
- Domino's Pizza, 641 East Main Street, 203-630-3030. Hours 11am-Midnight.
- Silver City Sports Bar and Grille, 275 Research Parkway, 203-238-2380. Hours 6:30 a.m. - Midnight.